Here’s an #Instagramish way to pray with Brian and Malisa this month
Malisa (right) and some of our staff team pose during a prayer walk. Would you pray with us for the next few weeks?
We’ve put a prayer guide online at www.brianandmalisa.com/prayer
Sydney has had many great family sails on Nana Kay and Grampy Tom’s schooner. Please continue to pray for healing for Brian’s mom.
Here’s her caringbridge site
It was so fun to be able to visit many of our friends and supporters in Utah. We loved seeing you all. #blessed
Malisa has discipled Stacy from Northeastern for the last few years. Now she has joined our team as an intern.
There are 250,000 students returning to Boston in the next week. Pray for spiritual openness & that many would follow Jesus.
Eliza will be turning 2 in October (and Sydney is already looking forward to turning 5 in February. Please pray for us as parents.
Ben and Val’s wedding was a family affair: Brian and Malisa did pre-marital counseling, Brian performed the ceremony, and Sydney was the flower girl.
Brian’s operations team has greatly increased – up to 10 staff now including Sarah (center) and Brittany (right).
On September 2, we’ll be taking BU students like these to get Ice Cream and fries. It’s a really easy way to connect with freshmen.
We’re praying for a movement of men to raise up at BU (we’ve got over 100 women involved, but only a handful of guys). Would you pray with us?
We love you.
Loving our adventurous Lord,
If you’d like to download a printable PDF, here’s one for:
- West Campus:
- Abundance of women excited about growing and journeying spiritually.
- Insider team
- Lizzy is going to try and weave in Social Justice to one lifegroup
- AIA (Athletes in Action):
- Favor for Sarah B and Bethany at BU
- AIA Lacrosse Guys
- Community as a whole with AIA
- Norah and Gwynnie CFA Life Group inside dorm this year.
- Creative inroads to gospel conversations.
- Men to get involved in Bridges through Warren co-ed bridges group.
- Sarah, Ying, and ChenChen (pray she finishes her support raising soon) as they seek to build bridges into new cultures this year
- Target outreach.
- Whole Campus:
- Faculty, admin, janitors, RAs: including Grace, Kim, and Nick
- freshmen that we meet at Splash – that many would start following Jesus, Involved new believers from last year would continue to walk with Jesus
- Lectio Divina: Matthew 9:36-38
- What is Lectio Divina?
- Lectio Divina invites us into God’s presence to listen for his particular, loving word to meat this particular moment in time.
- How do I practice Lectio Divina?
- In Lectio one listens to the word as it is read aloud, or you read the text aloud for yourself. Read a Scripture passage slowly and out loud, lingering over the words so that they resonate in your heart. When a word or phrase catches your attention, don’t keep reading. Stop and attend to what God is saying to you. Be open to the word. Don’t analyze it or judge it. Listen and wait. Listen for any invitation that God is extending to you in this word.
- The Scripture Passage: Matthew 9:36-38
- When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
- insider team – connection with each other, favor on their floor, that others would see the gospel lived out in their community
- great freshmen to get involved in the 6 life groups in Warren
- men to get involved
- East Campus:
- that sophomores, juniors, and seniors would stay involved in the mission and keep growing as they follow Jesus
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: community, missional living in community, Thursday night co-ed group, groups of freshman women and men
- Mass College of Art, Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts: A new leader or two to be raised up this year. Continued open doors with campus
- Simmons College: Good working relationships with university, quick relational connections for staff with student leaders, Rose, Mary, Jenn, Rikka, and Juliana.
- Emmanuel College
- Wheelock College (and Simmons Dorms): open doors to the Gospel
- Life Group Leaders:
- Pray for insider team to launch a great sticky community.
- inroads with international students
- Pray for connections with Freshman in Stetson and Spear
- Incoming freshman class:
- Pray that we will meet and connect with huge amounts in the first few weeks.
- Move toward movement rather than ministry this year:
- pray for Patty, Sarah Kline, and Ying as they lead out as MTL’s at NU this year.
- Praise God for our interns
- including Stacy who saw over $52,000 come in during their last week of ministry partner development.
- Tyler Jensen and Jenna as President and Vice President of Agape