My friend Sam is in Navy ROTC. He’s now a Junior and for the past couple years I’ve been encouraging him to reach out to other midshipmen in his ROTC Squad.
Now, two seniors: Alex and Fiona are starting Valor (a Cru military movement) and it was just the push Sam needed to invite his friends to talk about Jesus.
Sam invited four of his classmates to come with him to Valor. And we’ve been praying for them each week.
A couple weeks ago, Sam and I exchanged this little text message chain. And I thought you would like to see it.
These are the magic moments when students take the risk: to invite, to ask, but then to share about Jesus.
Malisa and I are praying for Julia and others on Sam’s ROTC squad. Will you pray?
What about you? Who are 2 people we should pray for? Think about:
- Friends from college
- Parents of your kids’ friends
Would you reply to this e-mail with the names of 2 people to pray for? We would love to pray for opportunities for you like Sam.
Loving our Adventurous Lord,
- Malisa continues to recover from ACL surgery. She’s down to just one crutch, but still has a month or 2 of PT ahead.
- We’re planning to head back to the Middle East this summer. Pray for the team to come together
Here’s a short video of our students at work at the LuoPad event
Would you help us next Tuesday?
Next Tuesday, we’re going to help make re-useable feminine pads to distribute to refugees in the Middle East and beyond. If you’re in Boston on Friday, we’d love to have you join us. If not, we’d love you to pray for this outreach.
On Tuesday from 2-5pm, we’re hosting a drop-in service project at Boston University where students (and you if you’re interested) can come and cut out the pieces of “LuoPads.”
LuoPads are washable feminine pads that are part of a “LuoPack” of women’s hygiene items (6 LuoPads, 2 pair of underwear, a washcloth, washing instructions, a waterproof bag, all in a privacy bag).
These meet a huge need for women and girls in refugee camps and remote areas who, because they lack access to hygiene items, must stay home from work or school for up to 20% of each month, significantly limiting their opportunities.
You can read more here: https://www.facebook.com/LuoPadConnection/
Or watch this quick video:
The outreach is an opportunity for Cru students to invite their friends who might not share our love for Jesus, but who do share a love for the vulnerable across the world. Serving together in a tangible way can build relationships and provide bridges for the gospel.
3 Ways to help:
- Join us on Tuesday – If you’re in the Boston area and free anytime between 2 and 5 for a half hour, come say hi. Send me a text 978-828-8024 to confirm that you’re coming so I know to be looking for you.
- Donate used terrycloth towels or flannel. If you’re in the Boston area, it can be dropped off this week to our house in Arlington. If you’re outside the Boston area, and think this is something you’d like to participate in, let me know and I can connect you with our friends at Gain, Cru’s humanitarian arm.
- Pray. Would you pray that we would be able to have some great conversations around God’s heart for justice this week.
Thank you all so much for your partnership with us in ministry.
Loving our Adventurous Lord,